From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
Last Thursday evening, more than 100 people gathered for the DPC Award Ceremony and Annual Event. Wow! What a magical evening it was. We honored the work of three incredible disability rights advocates: Chris Griffin, Jim Kruidenier and Heather Watkins.
Upcoming event: 2017 DPC Annual Award Ceremony & Reception!
Thursday, October 12th 5:30pm-7:30pm, Nonprofit Center in Boston, MA 02111
Join Us for the 2017 DPC Annual Award Ceremony & Reception! The 2017 honorees, Christine Griffin - Disability Law Center of Massachusetts, Jim Krudenier - Stavros Cil, & Heather Watkins - Author, Poet, Blogger & Disabilty Rights' Activist.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.