From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
Did you miss me or at least my newsletter. There was no Update last week because I was laid low and in the hospital by a kidney stone. Yes, it hurt like the dickens. I am healing, but our newletter is brief this week.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
- Training of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.