From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
This has been an unforgettable week. First we have the U.S. Supreme Court ruling 8-0 that a child with a disability has a right to a quality education. On the same day more than 50 ADAPT members are arrested in the Capitol Rotunda, demonstrating against the repeal of the Affordable Care Act.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Olding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
- Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.