From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
As the temperature climbs outside so do our advocacy efforts. They are hot and heavy. We have basically one week left to get the AAB bill through the House. Please, if you have not already called your State Representative please do so. They need to ask the Speaker to bring the bill to the floor for a vote.
We got bad news on the PCA Overtime issue. Our pleas were ignored. As a community, we delivered powerful testimony.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
It’s our aim to fight the discrimination that blocks the rights of people with disabilities.
DPC BUDGET PRIORITIES
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
- Training of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.