From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
Last week, we told you that Governor Baker had filed legislation to greatly revamp MassHealth. While the proposal is still very much alive it received a serious rebuke this week. On Tuesday, Dennis Heaphy and I testified against the proposal. Paul Spooner, Executive Director of MetroWest Center for Independent Living Center and many other advocates gave testimony.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- lding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.