From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
Well, i t sure feels like summer outside. I think we are finally into the dog days of hazy, hot and humid.
We have a relatively light edition for you this week, but it does highlight some upcoming accessible performances of theater. Glad to see the art scene in Boston welcoming all.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
It’s our aim to fight the discrimination that blocks the rights of people with disabilities.
DPC BUDGET PRIORITIES
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
- Training of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.