From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
I hope you had a restful and contemplative Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Now more than ever we need to refocus on his messages of unity and eliminating poverty.
I begin the Update with an editorial, this week focused on the Justice Department. We also unveil a new section this week dedicated to the rapidly shifting health care landscape. It will be a regular section for at least the next six months, probably longer.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Olding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
- Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.