From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
Over the summer Charlie Carr has been working hard to build consensus around a response to the proposal by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to implement Electronic Visit Verification (EVV). Building consensus is something at which Charlie excels. In this issue of DPC Update, we are pleased to release these talking points. They are meant to assist you as you develop your testimony. EOHS will soon be holding another series of hearings. We urge you to attend and speak up.
SAVE THE DATE!
Thursday, October 12th 5:30pm-7:30pm, Nonprofit Center in Boston, MA 0211
Join Us for the 2017 DPC Annual Award Ceremony & Reception! The 2017 honorees, Christine Griffin - Disability Law Center of Massachusetts, Jim Krudenier - Stavros Cil, & Heather Watkins - Author, Poet, Blogger & Disabilty Rights' Activist.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.