From the Desk of the Executive DirectorGreetings!
It's Thanksgiving week. We at the DPC wish you a very happy holiday.
Since our calendar section has cleared greatly, we're catching up on a bunch of news stories this week. We share three interesting ones
On Thursday evening, October 12, 2017 more than 100 people gathered for the DPC Award Ceremony and Annual Event at the Non-Profit Center in Boston. Wow! What a magical evening it was. We honored the work of three incredible disability rights advocates: Christine Griffin, Jim Kruidenier and Heather Watkins. Each of the honorees has contributed to our struggle for equality in their own way.
Many sponsors made this event possible. We want to thank our our leading sponsors Commonwealth Care Alliance, Partners Health Care/Spaulding Rehabilitation, Association for Behavioral Healthcare, Health Management Associates and Boston Center for Independent Living.
In addition to highlighting some of our finest leaders, the event raised more than $37,000 for DPC's advocacy efforts. We offer our sincere thanks to our honorees for allowing us to share their great work and all those who joined us on this special night.
DPC. About Us. By Us.
Redefining the role of government as it affects the lives of people with disabilities.
What we offer...
- Legislative advocacy training
- Legislative alert service (email and by phone)
- Lobbying leadership
- Information on important issues affecting you
- Holding public officials accountable for enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
We're Also Fighting for...
- Accessible polling places.
- The rights of people with lived experiences of psychiatric diagnoses, trauma, and or addictions.
- Services and support for adults who develop a disability, such as MS, hearing loss, blindness and more.
- Sustainable jobs that lead to real careers and economic independence.
- Better community based services, so people with disabilities don't have to live in nursing homes.
Raining of personal care assistants to be ready to serve in an emergency.